Sunday 25 May 2008

Raigad - Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani

Odo : 44440

16 May '08

0930: Late. Time to leave. Will buy a bottle of water and take the ropeway down. Will make my way to mahabaleshwar. Should be there by this evening.

On the way down

1202: Pretty close to Mahabaleshwar. I estimated 80Km from Raigad to M'bleshwar. It is 77. Pretty close.


It's pretty hot, even thought I'm high up in the hills. Hopefully the town will be cooler. Running out of money. Need to find an ATM. Have enough petrol to get back to Pune if I don't manage to draw money. Back to the road now. Should be there in half an hour. Need food.

1457: Skin's roasted now. It's pretty cool here in M'bleshwar, but the sun's still around. Skin was raw this morning, so now it's all red and feels well done. :P



Bought some cream(spelt creme for some reason) and used a bit. ( Doesn't seem to have helped :( ) Does this make me a metrosexual? Hah! Now I will be truly irresistible to the females! lol.
God, massive noisy family full of talkative women and bawling kids just settling down near my lovely and (until now) peaceful spot. I'm sitting in a park beside the Venna lake here.

Was nice, but I'm going to have to leave now. Argh! Headache!
Oh, btw. Had my best lunch of the trip so far this afternoon. Chapati's and egg burji at a small dhaba. Only 28 Rs too.
Time to make my exit now.
(Note to self : Never have kids!)

Odo: 44574

1730 : Panchgani. My single traveller status continues to haunt me. The only affordable place I found was a gujarati lodge which had a big board in front of the door saying "no single accomodations"
I then went hunting all over Panchgani. Found something called so-and-so baba arogaya something. Went in and asked an old man there if they had rooms or beds to stay in. He stared at me for a while and seemed slightly pissed when he told me "there is nothing here". After a while I figured that must've been an old-age home. Damn, I really should learn Hindi! :P

Then I went upto another hotel, saw that what I thought was the hotel was actually the parking lot and garage, saw a massive, super-posh structure to my left and realized I'd never in my life have enough money for a room there. Made a quick U-turn and split.

Anyway, all these damn single traveller haters can go hang. I'm leaving for pune.
Went and saw a place called "table-land". Way cool. Huge flat surface on the hills. 6.5 Km circumference. Two football matches going on at once with one ground still empty. Very impressed.




Just left the town. Stopped by a bus stop. Nice view.
Should be back at Pune by dinner time.
At least I'm there for the weekend. Should have lots of pointless things to do. :P

No comments: