Sunday 25 May 2008

Raigad - 2

15 May '08

0648: I love Raigad!!

Woke up about half an hour back and saw clouds rising up to window level from the hills below.
Very cool stuff.
My dorm being swamped by clouds![/i]

Livin' on the edge

'Morning shadow.

Finished all my morning business, thankfully. Facilities here sure are awful. The water is green. haha!

Spoke to Daddy, Sudarshana and Sameer last night. Airtel sure is unbelievable. No signal in my (old) office which is very much inside Pune. And here I am on the top of a very very high hill with almost full signal. Awesome.
Photo time again. Ta.


0920: Back from my guided tour. Legs still wobbly. My left foot feels dead. Hurts with almost every step I take. It's a miracle I managed to walk up and down the rocks here without falling.
Weariness is catching up with me now.
This place is so cool. There isn't very much left of the fort because two bastards from the British army burnt the whole village down long ago.





Hi Doggie

Phew

Dam under construction. Interesting!

*No words!*

Okay, I risked my life for this angle. Appreciate it!!


For those who cannot afford the ropeway. (or for those who aren't as lazy as I am)

1334: Omg! Fell asleep. Slept like a log. Just woke up. It's getting slightly hot. Going for lunch.

1852: Slept through most of the afternoon and just didn't feel like getting off my bed until around six. I'm sitting on a little outcropping of rock now, close to a steep fall. I'm glad I'm not afraid of heights.

The rock I was sitting on

Again

And again

Oh. I think I should buy one of those hang gliders (The ones with the plastic wings) when I have enough money(wonder what they cost. Find out.)
This drop is so tempting. I almost feel like jumping off.

The little blue things are the ropeway cars
Whee!

Probably shouldn't think about it though.
Sun's going down now. It's very weird. My skin felt like it was burning up when I went out in the afternoon. Only my arms actually.
Never happened before.
Favourite!

I've played football and cricket and cycled all over Hyderabad in 40+ degrees C and I've never felt like this before. lol. Sucks kinda. But gave me an excuse to get some much needed rest. Legs feeling a lot better now, and the foot isn't hurting much either. Have to leave this place tomorrow morning. Going to miss it. Not much to do here, sadly. Checking out the entire fort takes just about two hours. Three at max. The trekking must be really good though.
Will come back here someday, that's for sure.
Maybe once I'm in better shape, I could come trekking. Or if my hang-gliding plans work out!

Can just imagine myself launching off from this rock I'm sitting on. Oops, there I go again :P
The little blue dots are the ropeway cars again.

Zoomed in a bit. Stunning, no?

They're doing some repair work on my dorm. Couldn't they have started tomorrow? Damn them!

Ah, it's finally getting windy again. Lovely cool wind fresh off the hills. So invigorating...what's the word? :P So Nice anyway.

Man, I could live here forever. I'll need an internet connection though. Maybe I could talk BSNL into laying lines up here. haha. Will be very cool. Could live as a freelance coder or something and work from here. Oh, and play AoC every night too, with a new Shivaji nick maybe :P

Hmm, going to look for something to eat. All this gazing, pondering, dreaming, and throwing stones off the hill has made me hungry.

No comments: