Sunday 25 May 2008

Raigad - 1

14 May '08

1854: Raigad!
I do not believe I have not heard of this place before.
It should be in some list of the most beautiful places in India. I got here quite a while back. The ropeway to the top was stunning.




This place is 100% awesome. It defines awesome.
The facilities, on the other hand, are almost 100% crap. Which should explain(or maybe is the effect of) the lack of tourists. There is almost no one here. I saw just one family of five walking around a little back.
Unless the MTDC advertises this place and upgrades the accommodation, restaurants and other facilities, most people will never know just how beautiful raigad is.

I'm sitting on a bed in a dormitory with 38 other beds, all empty, in a big MTDC rest house with 100 odd beds. Only mine is occupied.

Sad. But nice. It's nice to see a beautiful place like this mostly untouched by humans. (I mean no garbage everywhere, no hawkers bugging you all the time, no 100 restaurants in the short walk from your room to the main attraction.)

Going to go out and take a few pictures before the sun goes down. Have a tour planned for tomorrow morning. I hope it is good.

No comments: