Sunday 25 May 2008

Matheran to Raigad

14 May '08

0940 :
Woke up late. Around 7:30. Ended up playing a game of "guess the song" with my music player last night(shuffle!)
No morning train, and all the trains are booked except the one in the afternoon.
So now I am on 'sour grapes' mode. The train is too crowded anyway. I don't want to take it down.

Long walk back to the parking lot, and my legs feel like two large lumps of hard rubber. Stopped for lime juice. Time to go now.

1055 :
Rode 9 Km down Matheran without even turning on the engine. Stopped for food now, near Kartaj. Going to pen(pronounced pain).


1325: Covered a lot of road so far. Finally stopped for lunch need to check a map and see how far the sea is from here. Maybe I'll call someone and find out.

1553: Think I've been riding too much today. Was riding beside a river for a while on the way to Pen. Took a couple of photos. Then we broke up. :(

Lovely highway, this one. Even though it's just a single lane, it is very pleasant. Tree covered, beside a river, and hardly any traffic.


I've reached Mahad now. Beside a(nother?) river. Sitting at the bank actually. Was feeling sleepy, that's why I decided to stop. Wanted to ride on till Raigad which is 30Km or so from here, but didn't want to fall asleep on the bike and deny me the chance of...um...writing this? Something anyway. :P

Need to check with someone for directions again. Road's split.
Think I'll just sit here for a little while.

No comments: