Sunday 25 May 2008

Lonavala, Khandala

0730: Lonavala! What an awesome road.
I don't know if it is as beautiful as this in the evening. But morning's are pretty special anyway.



Stopped for breakfast now at a place called "GuruKrupa". Going to have Dosa and Tea.
They don't have poha. :(

This place is dotted with Chikki shops. I think I ought to try some or maybe buy some for home, but I just don't have the space to carry anything extra.
God! I'm still shivering slightly. Ahh! Tea has never felt so good. My hands are slowly thawing. Now I know why people recommend riding gloves.
Will ask the guy at the counter about places I should visit here.
My Dosa is here! Ta!
Damn! That was awesome. Going to go take a pic of this place from the outside.

The Sambar was stunning. Maybe because I was so cold. Feeling dandy now! Time to check out Lonavala!



0845: Somewhere in Khandala.

Didn't get to see much in Lonavala. Went to some Dam nearby but they said I couldn't take a camera in. Anyway, here I am sitting on some rocks a few feet from the highway and a few meters from the expressway. Amazing view, with all the hills.
The roads are so busy!


0855: I just don't feel like moving from here. The slightly distant sounds of traffic is sort of soothing! (something only people who've lived in cities their entire life will understand)

People are staring at me sitting here without a care in the world wondering wtf I'm upto.
This stretch of highway is so awesome.
I'm sheltered from most of the noise from the highway nearer to me by a big rock face. And there's this lovely breeze blowing from the hills nearby.
Maharashtra truly is blessed!
Two guys walking towards my bike. Phew. They walked on.

I'm worried some louse might run off with my bag(which only has a couple of t-shirts, a towel and a bedsheet. Oh! and a couple of books too.(Tom Holt is so good!)) or my helmet(I'm kidding myself here. That thing is so tattered and battered that I should be paying someone to steal it from me!)
I wonder when I'm going to get bored of this place and get on my bike again.
Pen down for now. Time to enjoy the serene sounds of hundreds of four-stroke engines pulling themselves up the hill slopes.

1 comment:

Abhirama said...

It's "Gurukripa" you noob :P