Thursday 23 April 2009

Look, a piece of Crap!

Okay, since I had promised to depress everyone with some old poems(for lack of a better and uncensored word)...Here is one.
A couple of quick warnings though.
- Vogon poetry, for people familiar with the Vogons from Vogsphere, was until now described as "the third worst poetry in the universe".
- I am in no way responsible for any mishaps, sudden cases of chronic depression or maniacal laughter that may arise from reading the following...actually, I don't mind being responsible for the maniacal laughter, but let's keep it down okay, people are trying to sleep.
Enough yakking. Here's one called...

Found

Life's a sad song
with no time for fun,
where there is too much to do
and none of which is done.

The space is never enough,
the light is too dark.
However hard you try,
your shot is off the mark

The tunnel is long and dark
with seemingly no end
but as you walk along,
you discover a bend.

Suddenly there is light
where dark lived before.
You move faster now
towards the open door.

Finally you burst through
into the burning light
where knowledge kills ignorance
like the sun kills the night.

With a path in mind
you forge steadily ahead
with things to do in life
before you end up dead.

~


There's a footnote here. Apparently it took me exactly two minutes to write this thing.

The last paragraph makes me smile. I wonder what was going through my head.

2 comments:

hydeous said...

No Comments at all??
Oh, Come on!! This is easily worse than "Ode To A Small Lump Of Green Putty I Found In My Armpit One Midsummer Morning".
I deserve some credit!!! ><

Rahul Sekhar said...

The horror is too overwhelming, that's all.

No, but seriously, I love the last line :P Profound indeed.