Friday 25 June 2010

A little warning and a story

Just a warning before you read this.
I'm trying my hand at slightly more serious (that only means unfunny. It's still as terrible, don't you worry.) writing. Will post these things on a separate blog, but will post them here too, with little warnings, a free joke maybe, and sometimes a coupon(34Kr3Y for free pizza from me. Yes, the coupon is valid. Go on, give it a try. I know you want to.).

Here we go...
Seriousness : Attempt 1 :
Burst of laughter, tiny golden drops of peanut butter flying all over the place.
Sorry. Couldn't stop myself.

Seriousness : Attempt 2 :




Numb


Feels like I'm on a train. This is the third time this week.
I don't know what's been happening to me.
These dreams I've been dreaming.
I always wake up shivering and wondering where I am and if those images in my head were real.
But I'm never able to stop those memories from flitting away.
And then I remember nothing. No name. No family. No childhood. No memory. No life.
It had been two months since the accident, or so the doctors say.
My name, they say, is Steve Smith. A 28 year old white man with perfect vision and good teeth.
Over the last few weeks I've been able to visualise my new memories.
And they are memories I can't wait to forget.
My first memory is of waking up in a hospital. Under police custody.
Apparently, I was a murderer.
They told me I had robbed a man of his life savings and shot him when he tried to fight me.
I spent the next two years in the race of my life, spending every bit of that money I stole running from the law.
I was finally caught here. In this disgusting damp city. The city so dirty and bleak, it makes Gotham city look like a neat little town.
They sentenced me to a mental asylum for three months and to the electric chair if I manage to survive that. Now I do not know if I should welcome that date or fear it.
I've tried to convince them it was a different person who did those things. Horrible hellish dirty things that no man should ever consider. Things I am not capable of thinking about.
They just don't believe me though. They think I'm insane. They are going to have me killed. For something I have no knowledge of. For something I lost forever.
I just want to try and know the world. I want to see what's out there. Those beautiful places I have heard of from grim faced psychiatrists. The ocean, the mountains the valleys. The huge cities with all their people. Those wonderful rivers that feed countries. The magnificent sky that's a colour I'll never see. I'm on this wonderful planet and I wish I could see it.
But here I am. Condemned to die in thirty days. With the knowledge that beyond these sickly white walls, lies an entire universe that I am never going to be a part of.

5 comments:

Shudu said...

You were high again, weren't you?

hydeous said...

How dare you!

Srikanth said...

Brilliant!!

THough I enjoyed reading the buildup to the story more :P...

Are you the same keshav I know..

Or were you in shock from Italy's early exit?? :P

tsp said...

I wrote a really long comment. But the browser fucked up before I posted it. So here's what I remember.

Interesting character to write about. A man who doesn't understand why he is going to be killed.

The beginning has that disconnected Camuish touch to it that I really liked.

What I didn't like was the uncertainty of the character Steve Smith. You should explore more about him before you end. It kind of left me troubled that I didn't get to find out what happens to him.

A nice read. More character development required. I want more i-shtory.

PS: Didn't understand the l33tsp34k though.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.