Wednesday 25 March 2009

Just like everyone else.

Dammit! One of these philosophical moods again.
I just feel like I have so much to say, but I don't think I have the words to.
Okay, let me just jump into it and see where it goes.

I'm sick and tired of seeing people around me living their mundane lives and complaining about them all the time. It's painful. Yes, I know I'm doing the same. We all are.

You sit in class and think about all the wonderful things you could be doing with your time.
You sit at office and work and work and when a tiny sliver of free time comes your way, you start thinking. You think of how crappy your life is, how sad you are, living like this.

There's so many things you could be doing. It's mind-boggling, the number of things, the number of experiences out there waiting for you.
But you just sit and live the same day over and over and over and you just get sicker and sicker and you don't know what you're thinking sometimes. Five days a week are all the same, you do the same things, your work, your books, your studies. You think the same thoughts, you speak to the same people about the same things. Your opinions don't change. Each day for a span of a few years is almost the same.
And you live your life not realising how long it's been happening, not knowing how much longer it's going to be happening to you. Then some day you'll find you have so many new responsibilities and now you start counting from the year of your birth to know how old you are. You find you can't do it any more. Your youth is past. All those dreams, all unfulfilled. All those places you wanted to see. All the travelling, all the games, all the love you might have experienced. It's all over and there's no way you're going to get the time back. The time you could've used to do what you wanted.
There'll be a point sometime when you realise that over the past many years, you've never accomplished anything you wanted to. Never done anything you had dreamt of doing.

People don't think of all the possibilities there are. There's this and there's that you can do, and you won't even think about the other things. You just keep doing things everyday, hoping that eventually someday you'll find the time and the money and energy and the lack of responsibilities to actually do what you want to.

I've no clue what's going to happen to me. I hope I break out and do something. But will I?
There's that fear you know...that fear of screwing things up. Losing your job, Having nothing to do, Having no one to love, Losing your money, your home, your comfort. You hold back from the fear of doing things society doesn't want you to do. From the responsibilities thrust upon you by family, friends, society.
Push back. Break away. Do your thing. Don't care, don't worry and see how it goes.

5 comments:

Deepali Jamwal said...

I am going thru the same phase too. And for some reason, everybody I meet or talk to, is also going thru the same phase. Infact, this is the second blog in the day, referring to the same subject. First being my sisters'...
Surprising... anyways!!! Good job

tsp said...

When my brain starts ticking like this (and it often does), I get my legs-a-working.

Aimlessly, hopelessly, pointlessly ... walking. Yes. I keep walking away. It might sound like a stupid thing to do. (It probably is). But I have no other solution. And my brain usually calms down at the end or I tire and doze off after coming home having forgotten all the turmoil in my head.

Abhirama said...

Doesnt it happen to everyone who doesnt want to live a "normal" life? I'm being hypocrytical but the only way to be happy is to go ahead and do whatever u wanted to do and have no regrets about it (no matter how stupid it was :P)

hydeous said...

Hey prassu!
If I did randomly walk, I'd probably start thinking even more and make a complete mess of myself.
So much easier to just put on some good old rock 'n roll and sing along!
Or bubble wrap!!! *pop*

Abhi, I think it happens to everyone. Everyone thinks they're special. And why not? Nobody wants to live a 'normal' life. But who cares huh. I say am I for you seven turtle!

Srikanth said...

I missed this one.. And you din't tell me either.. I want to say "how rude" but its not like me.. I thought the "No, Not like everyone else" was a reaction to the Retrospection Post..

Anyways.. I have this feeling sometimes too!! Then I just look at Mary/maggie and I feel so much better.. Not because I am looking at her, but because she has broken out this and she is doing something she wants and it just makes me happy that I am a part of it..