Friday 20 February 2009

I love you!

From the very depths of my heart.
I've never loved anyone half as much as I love you.
You mean the world to me. I'd do anything for you, anything at all.
I'd quit my job, move to any place you want to be. I'd work as a shoe-shiner if I have to. If that's what it takes for you to understand...
You love me too? I knew you did. I'm so happy!
Lets get married. We'd be so good together.
These past three weeks have been wonderful. The best time of my life.
Your parents? Screw them. They won't understand. Neither will mine.
Lets elope. I've always wanted to see Thailand. What do you think?
Plans for later? Well I don't know, I never think about stuff like that.
But since you ask, let me try...
Lets see...we'll settle down in Thailand, maybe open a restaurant?
I know, wouldn't that be great!
Yeah, we could buy a little shack on the beach and make love to the rhythm of the waves.
You cook? Oh, that's great.
Ah, the guitar of course. We could get high everyday. The beach, weed, the guitar, food...and you. My idea of paradise!!!
After that? hmm, I guess we'd do that for 5 years or so, until we start hating each others guts.
And then we could...what do you mean why?
Of course we'll hate each other. Just imagine being with the same person for 5 entire years.
Really? Forever? Wow. No, I don't think I could do that.
Yes, Of course. Yeah, I meant it when I said I love you. I really did.
What? Don't be silly. I meant every word.
Yes, but I don't see us living together for five years and not hating each other.
Well, I don't know about you. But I couldn't. No way.
Oh please don't cry now. What's wrong? We'll have a great three years or so, then we'll be miserable for two years maybe. And then we separate and we'll be happy again.
What don't you understand? It's perfectly simple.
You can't love life unless you have something crappy to compare it with.
Yes, like college. That's good. You loved college because you hated staying at home.
I'm glad you're getting my drift.
Yes, yes! That's exactly what I mean.
What??? You won't marry me??? Why!? I thought you loved me.
Not any more? Really? Damn, that sucks!!
I blew it? Sigh. Yeah, I guess I did.
Oh well.
Yeah, it sure was nice knowing you too.
You too! Have a great life.
hmm? Yeah, sure. I'll give you back your money as soon as I can. I promise.
Bye. Love you.

7 comments:

Deepali Jamwal said...

awesome!!!! great work.... hilarious... I totally enjoyed it... u must write more often Keso

hydeous said...

Thanks so much Deepali!

Srikanth said...

Awesome post!! Kindda like the Saif Conversation in Dil Chahta Hai!!! Only much more hilarious!!

Wondering what inspired you to write this post Mr. League of Extraordinary Singleman!! (formerly League of Extraordinary Siglemen)?? :P

hydeous said...

Kanth, this is why I'm the sole surviving member of the League of Extraordinary Singlemen! :P

Rahul Sekhar said...

Cynicism ftw. Damn you for sweeping off the remains of my idealistic hopes. Damn you also for not telling me you had a blog.

Abhirama said...

11, rox post.

razor said...

amazing !!